Tuesday 30 August 2011

Day 1

A friend told me about a book called "The Happiness Project" where you create a list for yourself once a month or so, nothing unmanageable but things you want to achieve - like not to get so frustrated the moment you get in the car maybe and in the process perhaps make yourself a little bit more happy with the ticking off of that list.  Now truthfully I haven't read the book and am only going on what my friend has told me but it sounds like a good idea.  So I am now starting my own happiness project and the first thing on my list is to write a blog.

I am very nervous about doing this and putting myself out there, as it were but I don't expect it to be read by anyone really.  I am well aware that there is already so much being written by talented people who can make you laugh or cry on a whim and I am not one.  But I do feel that I would like to put fingers to keyboard and see my thoughts as the written word.  So here I go.........

I consider myself to be a very lucky person, I have a beautiful family and friends who love me and a 10 year old Zafira that just keeps trucking.  But, I have to say sometimes I want more.  Sometimes I want to be successful in a career but I haven't managed that, perhaps I'm too fickle.  At the moment I'm really into food and cooking.  I like it and I'm good at it.  I want to host a supper club but I worry about the cats hairs and the food.  Also the fam aren't too happy about people they don't know wandering through their house.  I am in the process of teaching the boy to cook, well hardly a boy these days, more a young man at 18.  His gap year beckons, with it independence and the cutting of the apron strings!  When I say teaching him to cook, its more him welding a sharp knife towards his fingers (he's left handed, so I get even more uneasy because it all looks so awkward) and me cleaning up the mess created.

I'm enjoying this it feels quite cathartic, more later.......